Sunday 18 October 2009

The Psy-Chics



Hey everyone. This is a piece I have been working on for a while. I took a decent enough photo of it this afternoon and so here it is. Its oil on unstretched canvas which was a pretty tougth brief for me. Its about 12 by 8". I will get it framed up soon.
The sketchbook pages in my last post are a lot of the preliminary work for this one. Special thanks to Aidan Wilson and my dear old wife for the honest crits through the process.
I will be doing more with these characters and devloping the style a bit more too. For now I have just started work on a piece for the Nottingham open so i will be shelving everything else for a bit.

5 comments:

Ben Newman said...

very nice work jake! and traditional to boot you little show-off.
good stuff.

Aidan said...

good one! look forward to seeing it "for real" at some point..

Kavita said...

nice posting

Robinson said...

Some cool retro design goin on! Nice pic Jake.

Landscape Contractors Denver said...

Thiis is a great post