Monday 10 October 2011

2 new paintings

Two new ones. One was a birthday present for a friend, its a double portrait of his two marvellous little lads (one of which as been dressed as Superman for a full year now!!-he only responds to the name Superman man now and even dresses as Clark Kent over the top of his Superman suit, brilliant!!)
The second piece is of Aisling Grace Flaherty its been floating around my studio half finished for months but I finally grabbed another session on it and got it finished. I am pleased with the handling on this one. My first piece in the Burlesque series was of Aisling so its nice to get back to her once more. The photo ref is another one of Emmas: Miss Rain Photography.

1 comment:

leifpeng said...

Very nice! Haven't read all your posts, but it looks like gouache, which I've tried. Its a tough medium, but the effect is wonderfully energetic.